Manchester City

Topic Ufficiale

« Older   Newer »

1. Sergio Conceicao

User deleted

Manchester City have completed the signing of England midfielder Gareth Barry from Aston Villa for £12m.
    The 28-year-old was linked with a move to Liverpool last summer but ended up staying at Villa Park, helping them to a sixth-placed finish in the league.
    Barry has won 29 caps for England and played over 400 games for Villa, scoring 52 goals.
    "There is great potential here, and I'm sure there will be more additions to the squad this summer," said Barry.
    City manager Mark Hughes spoke of his satisfaction at signing the midfielder, the first of several expected arrivals at Eastlands this summer.
    "Gareth is widely acknowledged as one of the top midfielders in the Premier League," Hughes told his club website.
    "The experience required to compete with the best in the Premier League is vital, and with Gareth we get the experience of someone who has played week-in, week-out in the hardest league in the world.
    "I like players that have the sort of flexibility that enables you to change your tactics if you need during a game, and Gareth has that.
    "He also has a range of passing that I'm keen to introduce to the team, and he has got great delivery at sets plays as well."
    City's owners, the Abu Dhabi United Group, are expected to embark on a spending spree this summer.
    Hughes said: "I was looking to get a number of deals done as soon as possible and we have had a great start with Gareth joining us."
    However, the fact that Barry has joined Manchester City has still comes as something of a surprise.
    Barry, who is in the England squad for World Cup qualifiers on Saturday and next Wednesday, claimed that his main reason for wanting to leave Villa in 2008 was to play Champions League football.
    However, a year on, Barry believes he is joining a club with purpose.
    "It didn't take much persuasion from Mark Hughes, they are heading in the direction I want to go," he added.
    But City finished six places and 22 points behind this season's top four in the top flight, all of whom qualify for Europe's elite club competition.
    City will not even contest the Uefa Europa League after Everton, Villa and Fulham took the three places available to English clubs.
    Former Aston Villa manager Graham Taylor believes Barry has chosen City because they will challenge the top four next season.
    "He has to believe that Manchester City will be signing the quality of player that will give them the best possibility of Champions League football the season after next," Taylor said earlier on Tuesday.
    "I'm not suggesting Mark Hughes is going to be absolutely crazy in the salaries the club pay people, but the amount of money has to be a factor."
    Taylor believes Barry could be put off joining a Champions League club by the knowledge that might not be guaranteed a place in their starting XI.
    "He'll be aware that there's nothing more important than playing first-team football in a World Cup year," added Taylor.
    "At Aston Villa it's almost certain that he would be a first-team regular. I think he would be at Manchester City, but I'm not so certain that would be the case at Liverpool."
    Villa owner Randy Lerner confirmed last week that the Midlands club were in discussions with Barry regarding a new long-term deal.
    Barry joined Villa as a trainee from Brighton and Hove Albion in 1997 and has made 443 appearances since making his debut in 1997.

Inoltre sembra ufficiale l'acquisto di Carlos Tevez per 32 milioni di sterline (quasi 37 milioni di euro), stipendio settimanale di 140 mila sterline (quasi 8 milioni di euro annui).

In Italia circola la voce che per prendere Tevez servivano 25-28 mln, un giornalista mi aveva detto che ne servivano circa 40 in realtà e che i giornali sparano e basta, ormai alle cifre dei giornali non crediamoci più.

2. shaka81

User deleted

Su Tevez l'avevo sentito già da tempo, anche io sostenevo che erano pochi quei soldi...cmq circola voce che anche Eto'o sia per strada verso il city...Xabi Alonso credo sia del Real...

3. Sergio Conceicao

User deleted

Il Manchester City ha comunicato attraverso il proprio sito ufficiale di aver completato l'ingaggio dell'attaccante paraguayano, Roque Santa Cruz (27), proveniente dal Blakburn. Il portale dei Citizens non fa riferimento alle cifre dell'operazione, ma si parla di una somma di circa 18 milioni di sterline.

4. G-Mellow

User deleted

18 mln santa cruz e 15 bellamy........

5. fenikottero

User deleted

insomma il miglior acquisto che han fatto resta Bridge.

6. Sergio Conceicao

User deleted

No per me Barry.

7. Sergio Conceicao

User deleted

Dopo Gareth Barry e Roque Santa Cruz, il Manchester City ha ufficializzato il terzo acquisto della stagione. Si tratta dell'estremo difensore Stuart Taylor (28), prelevato a titolo definitivo dall'Aston Villa: "Questo è un fantastico club che sta facendo notevoli passi in avanti – ha detto il giocatore -. Ha una eccellente proprietario e un ottimo manager". Non sono ancora noti i termini economici del trasferimento.

8. G-Mellow

User deleted

ma uno forte lo compreranno o tutti mezzi giocatori?

9. Sergio Conceicao

User deleted

Lo stavo pensando anche io ...

10. G-Mellow

User deleted

avranno 35 giocatori e c'hanno speso pure un sacco..35 milioni per santacruz e bellamy..e anche quell'altro barry altri 14 milioni tipo..

11. Sergio Conceicao

User deleted

Bon ma almeno barry è bravo, anche in nazionale gioca ed il più giovane ad aver raggiunto mi par 300 presenze in premier ...

12. G-Mellow

User deleted

si ma io intendevo che in totale hanno comprato santacruz,bellamy e barry a una cifra enorme..

13. Sergio Conceicao

User deleted

anche bridge e de jong

14. G-Mellow

User deleted

appunto..con quella cifra ci compravano un campione..tanto di mercenari ce ne sono quindi qualcuno lo trovi..

15. Sergio Conceicao

User deleted

sopratutto dopo che han preso robinho ... mi aspettavo qlcn altro di forte

428 replies since 3/6/2009, 21:18   2808 views